What Is OER?

조회 수 4 추천 수 0 2020.07.17 19:05:29

Open Educational Resources are teaching, discovering and research products in any medium digital or otherwise that live in the public domain or have actually been launched under an open license that allows no-cost access, usage, adjustment and redistribution by others with no or limited limitations.

Open Educational Resources are educational materials and resources offered freely and openly for anyone to use and under some licenses to re-mix, enhance and redistribute. They include: Knowing content: complete courses, course product, material modules, learning items, collections, and journals. Tools: software application to support the development, delivery, use and improvement of open learning material including searching and organization of material, content and finding out management systems, content advancement tools, and online learning neighborhoods.

An Intro to OER by SPARC OER is a fairly brand-new motion in education; educators and learners along with learning institutions are driving its advancement. OER provides an alternative to the increasing expenses of education.espresso-bar-open-sign.jpg?width=746&for For instance, in some nations like South Africa, many educators and students are tapping into OER as the only source for books.

Below are numerous resources that might be beneficial to the instructor who wishes to understand more about the open education motion and how to teach with open education resources. The OER Beginner Package Workbook is a remix of Abby Senior's OER Beginner Kit, which was produced to provide trainers with an intro to the use and production of open educational resources (OER).

This edition, established by CUNY, includes worksheets to help trainers practice the abilities they need to confidently find, use, or even create open instructional resources (OER). A website designed to serve as a resource for educators interested in discovering more about Open Pedagogy. This is a collection of readings on open education with commentary developed for a graduate course at Brigham Young University and edited by David Wiley.

This handbook is a deliverable of the LinkedUp Job, and is a primer on the open education environment, details about useful tools and software, recommendations, a glossary of frequently used terms, case research studies and examples, and answers to regularly asked questions. A masters thesis by Danielle Paradis out of Royal Roads University, Victoria, BC.

It includes quotes from instructors on how they learnt about OERs, their experience mentor with them, and motivations behind usage.

OER can include syllabi, course modules, books, videos, tests, journal short articles, assessment tools, and any other products used to support knowing. OER originate from colleges, universities, libraries, federal government firms, publishers, or faculty or other individuals who develop and openly share their teaching resources. For more info regarding open access educational resources look into the website. OER are made readily available with the 5R consents, which specify the ways open content can be utilized: Make, own, and control copies of the content Use the content in a variety of methods Adjust, change, modify, improve, or change the content Integrate the initial or revised material with other OER to develop something new Share copies of the original content, your revisions, or your remixes with others There are three methods to use OER: existing resources without making changes existing resources by including, getting rid of, combining, or editing content new resources.

We have actually talked about OER, Open Licenses, Creative Commons Licenses, and Public Domain through 6 modules. We found out that there are quality open resources offered for teachers like us to adopt and adjust. In this module, we will go over why all these matter to us (or not). I intentionally waited till the last module to ask this concern: why in the world do we care? Why do open instructional resources matter? What is the point of using OER?bright-open-sign.jpg?width=746&format=pj The development and promo of open academic resources is typically encouraged by a desire to suppress the commodification of knowledge and offer an alternate or boosted instructional paradigm (sentence from Wikipedia, OER).

OER can use extreme cost savings in the cost of education. Some trainees, who otherwise can not afford to purchase pricey textbooks or other course materials, will value this budget-friendly alternative when taking your course. A professor from a community college stated throughout an interview "Much of my students are struggling.

I used to use a $150 textbook from a publisher and I switched to an open textbook. My trainees enjoy it since it costs absolutely nothing. They are now asking if my next course will utilize the free book too." "I made my own course materials plan for my trainees. It is free to download and a printed variation is just 40 dollars.

So I integrated the open resources out there and developed my own. It was a great deal of work, but my trainees are pleased to conserve good money." There are more than 1000 free online courses from leading universities that are open to the public. Students in low-resource environments can take pleasure in the tape-recorded lectures and video tutorials established by other organizations such as, Open Yale courses (from Yale University),Webcast.

Many other universities, colleges, and other universities in greater education are preparing to offer open online courses to the general public. Educators are happily sharing their life's work with students and delighting in the higher impact their materials have on larger audiences. If an instructor opens his/her own course materials, and shares them with the general public it significantly improves chances for learning for both trainees who already took the course and the prospective trainees.

If trainees have that opportunity to have a look at the course products it will assist them make more informed choices in choosing their courses, and will provide the opportunity to prepare themselves for the class. Students also want to review their course materials after the quarter/semester is over to refresh their memories or to more study the subjects.

If you're re-using someone else's materials, among the very best factors for using OER is for peace of mind about attribution. The resources are certified to allow the sharing of content therefore you will not require to contact the author about utilizing his/her work provided that what you want to do falls within the 'open' license.

List of Articles
번호 제목 글쓴이 날짜 조회 수

오늘 :
74 / 312
어제 :
206 / 784
전체 :
568,048 / 18,835,386

XE Login