Most of my comedy life is getting up on stage and telling jokes. I have always been deeply impressed by the bravery (and, in my mind, slight insanity) displayed by people who actually want to get on a stage to try and make a room full of unknown randoms laugh. As someone who regularly self-sabotages due to the crushing guilt I feel for ruining people's evenings by waving funny videos British a flyer in their face, I say pull every trick, use every gimmick, stage every publicity stunt and call in every favour you can.

Write a few different set-ups for your jokes to see what works and what doesn't. Writing comedy is not easy - which is why next weekend, aspiring comedy writers will be gathering in Llandudno in north Wales for the second annual Craft of Comedy Writing conference.

You won't every be allowed in comedy clubs or comedy festivals if you haven't rocked a few open mic nights before and if you don't have an audience and perhaps even a fan base. My best friend is looking to do some research on a stand-up comedy documentary. 3) Rules—Ask the host about the amount of stage time each comedian gets to be on stage and how to know when you're supposed to be done.

A joke is off, a word is wrong, the setup wasn't properly established, you're doing comedy at a heavy metal bar. This is a real problem because in order to be recognized as comedian of any mention, you must be able to command at least 4 laughs per minute for each minute you stand before an audience.

There's always the ongoing dramatics of comedians stealing each other's work—that's a conversation for another time and place (watch Dane Cook's episode of Louie" with Louis C.K. for a taste). When I first began using the techniques I learned as a stand-up comedian: authenticity, vulnerability & breaking the 4th wall — not only did my presentations improve, but I started building real connections.

Here are my very best picks - the books I return to over and over again, and the books that helped me understand everything I know about jokes and joking. After watching some MBA grads giving presentations, you may start thinking that the breed is naturally inclined for a career in standup comedy.
List of Articles
번호 제목 글쓴이 날짜 조회 수

오늘 :
115 / 351
어제 :
224 / 835
전체 :
568,313 / 18,836,260

XE Login