Stand-up comedy can be nerve-wracking, especially if it's your first performance. With any form of public speaking, like stand up comedy, you can't get up on stage and expect to be great if you don't know your material inside and out, and how to work the audience. By performing in front of an audience, you will essentially receive stand up comedy help from your audience.

As the name implies, "stand-up" comedians usually perform their material while standing, though this is not mandatory. The biggest no-no in stand-up is to steal someone else's material-this is not karaoke. People who stutter email and message me all the time on Facebook and ask me how I can Get paid To Laugh up in front of people and talk and if I have any tips.

People who pay money or give up time to see you on stage are mostly there to be entertained, inspired or to learn something. You watch all the great (and some not so great) comics and lots of comedy tv shows. It's also vital that you understand your audience and select your talent accordingly - an after-school comedy event which welcomes children, for example, would not be the right slot for a comedy act who likes to use profanity.

I mean that's the thing I think a lot of event planners and people that are planning these sometimes forget, is it's an investment in the people that are there, and those people have invested a lot of time and money to be there. Comedians live and die by the laughter and responses they evoke from the audience.

Learn stand-up comedy fast tip #2: Make sure you record your comedy act (video is best) for review after your performance. Even if you start feeling extremely nervous while you're performing, do your best to stay calm and looks for signs of a positive response in the audience.

The founders of modern American stand-up comedy include Moms Mabley , Jack Benny , Bob Hope , George Burns , Fred Allen , Milton Berle and Frank Fay , all of whom came from vaudeville or the Chitlin' Circuit 159 They spoke directly to the audience as themselves, in front of the curtain, known as performing "in one".
List of Articles
번호 제목 글쓴이 날짜 조회 수

오늘 :
72 / 206
어제 :
224 / 835
전체 :
568,270 / 18,836,115

XE Login