Winter, for most of us, is a tough time to stay healthy because quite often we would much rather stay inside instead of going out to the gym. I usually get two responses when I tell people that I'm a stand up comedian. They do not know that their helpful tips are actually interrupting the flow that only comedians know about. Our third of our stand up comedy tips is to share with the audience as opposed to speaking at them.

For those who seriously want to learn stand-up comedy, it should be noted that household name headlining comedians only use 10-15 words (average) before they get to a punchline. The Comedy Spot offers a Stand-up 101 Class every month. Still other comedians memorize their comedy material and then try to sell" their jokes to an audience in an unnatural way that doesn't coincide with their natural expressive comedy traits.

For example, common stand-up comedy topics include dating, marriage, and children. I know comics that have done the same set all 3 years I have known them and yet I still book them in my rooms because I know that they are good at what they do. It grounds the humor and gives the joke a reality to exist in. A joke about a supermarket might be funny videos American, but nine times out of ten a joke that references the local Food Bazaar will get a bigger reaction.

Kendall Payne is a Writer, Director, and Stand-up Comedian based in Brooklyn, New York. There is a plethora of websites which provide lists of open mic nights, but Facebook has become the premium for advertising stage time. Ensure that there are facilities to plug in a microphone, that the acoustics ensure your comedy acts will be heard clearly even at the back of the room and that there are enough seats for your desired audience size.

See how comedians perform and interact with the audience, and that could also fuel your inspiration and help you find a voice. Looping in everything you learned above will ensure your content consistently kills (as it's said in the comedy world) every time.
List of Articles
번호 제목 글쓴이 날짜 조회 수

오늘 :
122 / 373
어제 :
236 / 814
전체 :
571,955 / 18,849,429

XE Login