EastEnders star June ...

조회 수 13 추천 수 0 2020.07.14 23:08:22

EastEnders star June Brown has revealed she can't watch the soap anymore due to her deteriorating eyesight.

The actress, 93, who recently quit the soap after playing Dot Cotton for 35 years, said she struggles to see the television after being diagnosed with the incurable eye condition macular degeneration.

In June 2017 underwent a controversial eye operation in a desperate attempt to save her sight, but revealed last year she's now starting to go blind.

Cannot see: EastEnders star June Brown, 93, has revealed she can't watch the soap anymore due to her deteriorating eyesight

Asked whether she still watches the soap, June told : 'I haven't been watching it as I find it difficult to see the television very clearly.

'If your sight is poor, there's very little you can do.
I read my Kindle instead. I can see where everything is around the house but nothing's clear.

In June 2017, she revealed she had undergone a controversial operation by Harley Street ophthalmologist Bobby Qureshi, who has since been investigated by a medical disciplinary panel over allegations of dishonesty and misconduct, and struck off. 

Struggling: The actress, 93, du lịch bắc kinh who recently quit the soap after playing Dot Cotton for 35 years (pictured), said she struggles to see the TV after being diagnosed with macular degeneration

But in April 2019 she revealed that her vision had once again deteriorated, meaning she could no longer go out socially.

She told : 'I've got very poor sight.

I've got extra lenses inside my eyes to try to help me read better.

'They help with peripheral vision, but I've got no central vision. I can't go out socially.

In February June revealed that she had quit EastEnders for good after 35 years playing the cigarette smoking gossip Dot Cotton, though a spokesperson for the soap insisted the door has been left open for her return.

List of Articles
번호 제목 글쓴이 날짜 조회 수sort

오늘 :
248 / 669
어제 :
227 / 661
전체 :
571,567 / 18,848,120

XE Login