What Is Jeet Kune Do

조회 수 6 추천 수 0 2020.07.15 14:07:50
WHAT IS JEET KUNE DO? I am the first to admit that any attempt to crystalize Jeet Kune Do into a written article is no easy task. Perhaps to avoid making a thing out of a process, I have not until now personally written an article on JKD. Indeed, it is difficult to explain what Jeet Kune Do is, although it may be easier to explain what it is not.

Let me begin with a Zen story. The story might be familiar to some, but I repeat it for Scott Binkley it’s appropriateness. Look upon this story as a means of limbering up one’s senses, one’s attitude and one’s mind to make them pliable and receptive. You need that to understand this article, otherwise you might as well forget reading any farther.

A learned man once went to a Zen teacher to inquire about Zen. As the Zen teacher explained, the learned man would frequently interrupt him with remarks like, "Oh, yes, we have that too…" and so on. Finally the Zen teacher stopped talking and began to serve tea to the learned man. He poured the cup full, then kept pouring until the cup overflowed. "Enough!" the learned man once more interrupted. "No more can go into the cup!". "Indeed, I see" answered the Zen teacher. " If you do not first empty your cup, how can you taste my cup of tea?"

I hope my comrades in the martial arts will read the following paragraphs with open-mindedness, leaving all the burdens of preconceived opinions and conclusion behind. This act, by the way, has in itself a liberating power. After all, the usefulness of a cup is in it’s emptiness.

If you cherished this short article as well as you wish to acquire details with regards to Scott Allan Binkley kindly go to our own web site.
List of Articles
번호 제목 글쓴이 날짜 조회 수

오늘 :
34 / 108
어제 :
224 / 824
전체 :
567,802 / 18,834,398

XE Login