A Vintage Chevrolet Club of America badge that included it allowed him to track down some of the history through the club." They said the vehicle was bought initially by a male from Wisconsin," Metzger explained. "He 'd purchased the vehicle brand name brand-new and when the cars and truck got to be 25 years of ages, he began to reveal the cars and truck and he got the preservation award in '92." How the Chevy ended up in New Jersey isn't clear, but the idea that Metzger wasn't going to buy a vehicle that day faded quickly when he saw it there.

" I stated, 'absolutely.' He said, 'OK. I do not want anything done to the automobile.'" He was certainly thinking of modifications, however the Chevy didn't require to have actually anything done and the seller recommended that it would have no issue making the trip of a number of hours from his home in Alpha, N. If you liked this post and you would like to receive a lot more information with regards to head to the eastcoastrestorations.com site kindly pay a visit to our web-page. J., to Metzger's driveway in Beaumont, Pa.

The Bel Air's hood accessory is impossible to overlook. Its basic style, though, makes sure that it fits well with what Chevrolet called the automobile's "tidy, uncluttered design."" I believed, 'I'm not going to take the opportunity,'" Metzger stated.114.jpg "If you break down, what are you going to do? I paid him and the guy brought it ideal to your house." Naturally, he took the 1955 chevy 210 for a trip as quickly as it showed up and it's required next to nothing because then." The interior in it is 100-percent initial," he stated.

In the spring this year, I clay-barred it. That's a great deal of work, however it deserved it. It just had that bit of a veil to it and that took it off actually efficiently and then I put a great coat of Meguiar's on after that." Radial tires, he stated, made a huge difference." That's probably the very best upgrade on this cars and truck," Metzger observed, "and it was worth it.

He said it's covered about 600 miles each year, a figure that's going to climb up when he retires. Still, the quantity he's driven it has actually encouraged him that a long trip would be both comfy and uneventful. An automated transmission was still a feature to extol in 1953." It stops well," Metzger stated, "but it's not like driving a contemporary automobile with power brakes ...

" They inform me their stories and all about them, or they bought one for $100 when they remained in high school. 'I had one of these when I was in high school.' 'My father had among these. He used to drive it to work.chevrolet-bel-air-1955-1957-kupe_3.jpg It was our household car, the four-door sedan.' Stories like that, or they returned from the Korean War, a lot of guys inform me, and these cars were around." ____ If you have actually got an old car you love, we desire to find out about it.

1957 Chevrolet Bel Air 2-Door Hardtop This vehicle essentially had a frame-on repair from motor to transmission, brakes, radiator, suspension, and tires. It runs whisper peaceful, shifts exactly the way it's supposed to move, starts immediately, and there's no hesitation upon acceleration. It is geared up with power steering, power brakes, power pac, and power move.

All lights work. It has a working aftermarket Wonderbar radio. The vehicle has actually spent most of its life in California. 100% rust totally free. The body has 75% original paint with initial interior. The paint has nicks and scratches and a few of the stainless is dented. In the early 1960s the driver's door remained in a car park mishap.

It has a one-piece California front bumper. It has seat belts in the front seat. A solid vehicle. No dissatisfactions. Require more details that are too many list here. Please see photos. Odometer checks out: 51460 Can not validate the precision of the mileage. Engine Number: F805FC Tidy Wisconsin Title. VIN on Title: VC57L202204 Matches Identification Number on ID Tag on left side door hinge pillar This car is sold as is.

Apr 21 2020 WOW WHAT A FIND ALL ORIGINAL NEVER NEEDED TO BE RESTORED NUMBERS MATCH All, initial,57, Belair, matching, numbers, unrestored, ideal, condition, WEST, coast, car, no, rust, only39k, mileage,3 rd, owner, 283 OHV V8, power, pack wipers radio heater defrosters,1, piece, front, bumper, still, has, clear, plastic, seat, covers, from, factory, apparised, at,50 k, ... Was, in, Laughlin, NV, car, museum, in, the,90 s.

More about Copyright and other Constraints For guidance about putting together full citations seek advice from Pointing out Main Sources. If an image is showing, you can download it yourself. (Some images display just as thumbnails outside the Library of Congress since of rights factors to consider, but you have access to bigger size images on website.) Alternatively, you can acquire copies of various types through Library of Congress Duplication Providers.

If the Recreation Number field above consists of a reproduction number that starts with LC-DIG ..., then there is a digital image that was made straight from the initial and is of enough resolution for the majority of publication purposes. You can utilize the reproduction number to buy a copy from Duplication Solutions. It will be made from the source noted in the parentheses after the number.

You can normally acquire a quality copy through Duplication Providers. Point Out the Call Number listed above and consist of the catalog record (" About This Product") with your request. Price lists, contact information, and order forms are available on the Duplication Solutions Website. Is the item digitized? (A thumbnail (little) image will be noticeable on the left.) Please utilize the digital image in choice to asking for the original.

In many cases, just thumbnail (little) images are available when you are outside the Library of Congress because the item is rights limited or has actually not been assessed for rights limitations. As a preservation measure, we usually do not serve an initial item when a digital image is available. If you have a compelling reason to see the original, speak with a referral librarian.

For instance, glass and movie photographic negatives are especially subject to damage. They are likewise much easier to see online where they exist as favorable images.) Please go to # 2. Do the Access Advisory or Call Number fields above indicate that a non-digital surrogate exists, such as microfilm or copy prints? Reference personnel can direct you to this surrogate.

If you do not see a thumbnail image or a referral to another surrogate, please complete a call slip in the Prints and Photographs Reading Room. Oftentimes, the originals can be served in a couple of minutes. Other products require appointments for later on the same day or in the future.

To contact Referral personnel in the Prints and Photographs Reading Space, please use our Ask A Librarian service or call the reading space in between 8:30 and 5:00 at 202-707-6394, and Press 3.

To be USED AT AUCTION at Auctions America's Fort Lauderdale event, April 1-3, 2016. Chassis No. VC56T154255 Price quote:$ 50,000 - $ 60,000 United States The debate regarding which of the timeless mid-fifties Chevy Bel Air designs is the best looking will go on forever. Some choose the subtlety of the 1955, while others flourish on the flamboyance of the finned 1957 models; numerous lovers opine the 1956 embodies the ideal balance of the other two.

List of Articles
번호 제목 글쓴이 날짜 조회 수

오늘 :
214 / 716
어제 :
231 / 1,043
전체 :
567,086 / 18,831,970

XE Login