A Vintage Chevrolet Club of America badge that came with it enabled him to find a few of the history through the club." They said the car was bought originally by a man from Wisconsin," Metzger described. "He 'd purchased the car brand new and when the car got to be 25 years of ages, he began to reveal the automobile and he got the conservation award in '92." How the Chevy ended up in New Jersey isn't clear, however the idea that Metzger wasn't going to purchase a car that day faded rapidly when he saw it there.

" I said, 'absolutely.' He stated, 'OK. I don't desire anything done to the automobile.'" He was obviously thinking of modifications, but the Chevy didn't need to have actually anything done and the seller recommended that it would have no issue making the journey of several hours from his house in Alpha, N.J., to Metzger's driveway in Beaumont, Pa.

The Bel Air's hood ornament is difficult to neglect. Its easy design, though, guarantees that it fits well with what Chevrolet called the automobile's "tidy, uncluttered style."" I believed, 'I'm not going to take the opportunity,'" Metzger said. "If you break down, what are you going to do? I paid him and the guy brought it ideal to your home." Naturally, he took the Chevy for a flight as soon as it got here and it's required next to absolutely nothing ever since." The interior in it is 100-percent initial," he said.

In the spring this year, I clay-barred it. That's a lot of work, however it deserved it.1957_Chevrolet_Bel_Air_Convertible_%2832 It just had that little bit of a veil to it and that took it off really efficiently and after that I put a good coat of Meguiar's on after that." Radial tires, he stated, made a huge difference." That's most likely the best upgrade on this vehicle," Metzger observed, "and it was worth it.

He stated it's covered about 600 miles each year, a figure that's going to climb when he retires. Still, the quantity he's driven it has convinced him that a long trip would be both comfy and uneventful. If you loved this report and you would like to receive extra information pertaining to read this

kindly visit the web page. An automated transmission was still a feature to extol in 1953." It stops well," Metzger said, "however it's not like driving a contemporary vehicle with power brakes ...

" They tell me their stories and all about them, or they bought one for $100 when they were in high school. 'I had among these when I remained in high school.' 'My daddy had among these.Henry_and_Molly_Templin%27s_1955_Chevy_% He utilized to drive it to work. It was our family cars and truck, the four-door sedan.' Stories like that, or they returned from the Korean War, a great deal of guys inform me, and these cars and trucks were around." ____ If you have actually got an old car you love, we want to hear about it.

1957 Chevrolet Bel Air 2-Door Hardtop This vehicle essentially had a frame-on repair from motor to transmission, brakes, radiator, suspension, and tires. It runs whisper quiet, shifts exactly the method it's expected to move, starts right away, and there's no doubt upon velocity. It is geared up with power steering, power brakes, power pac, and power glide.

All lights work. It has a working aftermarket Wonderbar radio. The car has spent the majority of its life in California. 100% rust free. The body has 75% original paint with original interior. The paint has nicks and scratches and some of the stainless is dented. In the early 1960s the chauffeur's door remained in a parking area accident.

It has a one-piece California front bumper. It has seat belts in the front seat. A strong cars and truck. No dissatisfactions. Require more information that are too many list here. Please see pictures. Odometer reads: 51460 Can not validate the precision of the mileage. Engine Number: F805FC Tidy Wisconsin Title. VIN on Title: VC57L202204 Matches Serial Number on ID Tag on left side door hinge pillar This automobile is sold as is.

Apr 21 2020 WOW WHAT A FIND ALL ORIGINAL NEVER HAD TO BE RESTORED NUMBERS MATCH All, original,57, Belair, matching, numbers, unrestored, best, condition, WEST, coast, car, no, rust, only39k, mileage,3 rd, owner, 283 OHV V8, power, pack wipers radio heating system defrosters,1, piece, front, bumper, still, has, clear, plastic, seat, covers, from, factory, apparised, at,50 k, ... Was, in, Laughlin, NV, car, museum, in, the,90 s.

More about Copyright and other Constraints For assistance about assembling complete citations speak with Pointing out Main Sources. If an image is showing, you can download it yourself. (Some images display only as thumbnails outside the Library of Congress since of rights factors to consider, however you have access to larger size images on site.) Additionally, you can acquire copies of different types through Library of Congress Duplication Solutions.

If the Reproduction Number field above includes a reproduction number that starts with LC-DIG ..., then there is a digital image that was made straight from the original and is of enough resolution for a lot of publication purposes. You can utilize the reproduction number to purchase a copy from Duplication Services. It will be made from the source listed in the parentheses after the number.

You can normally acquire a quality copy through Duplication Services. Cite the Call Number noted above and include the catalog record (" About This Product") with your demand. Rate lists, contact information, and order types are readily available on the Duplication Solutions Website. Is the product digitized? (A thumbnail (small) image will be noticeable on the left.) Please use the digital image in preference to asking for the initial.

In some cases, only thumbnail (small) images are readily available when you are outside the Library of Congress because the product is rights limited or has not been examined for rights constraints. As a conservation step, we normally do not serve an original product when a digital image is readily available. If you have an engaging reason to see the initial, seek advice from a referral curator.

For instance, glass and film photographic negatives are especially subject to damage. They are likewise much easier to see online where they are presented as favorable images.) Please go to # 2. Do the Gain Access To Advisory or Call Number fields above indicate that a non-digital surrogate exists, such as microfilm or copy prints? Referral personnel can direct you to this surrogate.

If you do not see a thumbnail image or a referral to another surrogate, please submit a call slip in the Prints and Photographs Reading Space. In a lot of cases, the originals can be served in a few minutes. Other products require consultations for later on the exact same day or in the future.

To contact Recommendation staff in the Prints and Photographs Reading Room, please use our Ask A Curator service or call the reading space in between 8:30 and 5:00 at 202-707-6394, and Press 3.

To be PROVIDED AT AUCTION at Auctions America's Fort Lauderdale event, April 1-3, 2016. Chassis No. VC56T154255 Quote:$ 50,000 - $ 60,000 US The dispute as to which of the traditional mid-fifties Chevy Bel Air models is the finest looking will go on permanently. Some prefer the subtlety of the 1955, while others grow on the flamboyance of the finned 1957 designs; many lovers opine the 1956 embodies the best balance of the other 2.

List of Articles
번호 제목 글쓴이 날짜 조회 수

오늘 :
39 / 119
어제 :
215 / 724
전체 :
567,126 / 18,832,097

XE Login