Netflix have confirmed series two of The Umbrella Academy will drop on the streaming service on 31 July.  

3.PNGIt was announced in April last year that the dysfunctional family of superheroes in The Umbrella Academy are here to stay, with seven stars from the first 10 episodes reprising their roles for the dark, imaginative show.

It was confirmed on Monday morning by Netflix bosses that the wildly-popular show, which is based on the Dark Horse Comics series created and written by My Chemical Romance frontman Gerard Way, will make its return in two months time. 

Back again! Netflix have confirmed series two of The Umbrella Academy will drop on the streaming service on 31 July

The show is produced by Universal Content Productions for Netflix, with Steve Blackman serving as executive producer. Jeff F. King, Keith Goldberg, Mike Richardson, Gerard and Gabriel Bá are also executive producers. 

In a recent interview, Steve said: 'I wanted to have an ending where they sort of came together as a family, but they didn't achieve the greater goal of saving the world. If we get a second season, we'll see how they're gonna end up...

RELATED ARTICLES

Previous

Next

It's party time! Beaming cricketer David Warner and his wife... Britney Spears flaunts toned tum as she smiles 'at [her]...

How DID Rihanna get so rich? While hiding out in North...

Share this article

'These guys aren't dead, but we don't know what happens. I thought it told a lot about who this family was, which is they couldn't quite get it together...

'Their wonderfully dysfunctional family couldn't quite win the day. I thought that was very telling for the season.'

Spooky: It was announced in April last year that the dysfunctional family of superheroes in The Umbrella Academy are here to stay, with seven stars from the first 10 episodes reprising their roles for the dark, imaginative show

Ellen Page who plays Vanya Hargreeves, along with Tom Hopper as her brother Luther, will headline the second season about the group of disbanded superheroes who reunited after their adoptive father's death.

Trained to save the world are the rest of the clan played by David Castaneda, Emmy Raver-Lampman, Robert Sheehan, Aidan Gallagher and Justin Min.

As they work to solve their father's murder and prepare for an apocalypse the estranged siblings hold down other jobs outside of their powers.

In the present day, Vanya, played by Ellen is a violin player and Luther, played by Tom, is an astronaut.

Dance away: It was confirmed on Monday morning by Netflix bosses that the wildly-popular show, which is based on the Dark Horse Comics series created and 웹툰 추천 written by My Chemical Romance frontman Gerard Way, will make its return in two months time (Ellen Page pictured

>Then there's Emmy's character, Allison, who's a famous actress, Klaus who's portrayed by Robert is a party animal with a drug addiction, David plays Diego, a vigilante and Aidan's role of Ben is a ghost only able to converse with Klaus

>After opening to mixed reviews, the renewal will follow a 76 percent rating among critics and 86 percent from viewers on Rotten Tomatoes. Some critics, such as The Hollywood Reporter's chief TV critic, Tim Goodman, said the show 'fails to inspire.

>With 8 graphic novels already written for the comics turned into a series, there is be plenty of additional plot and story line to center the second season around

>Created by Universal Content Productions for Netflix, Gerard hopes the TV format will stay true to his writings, which appears to be the plan

>'The idea is not to deviate too much. We want to stay on course with what the comics are doing,' showrunner Steve Blackman told THR. 
List of Articles
번호 제목 글쓴이 날짜 조회 수

오늘 :
118 / 425
어제 :
206 / 784
전체 :
568,092 / 18,835,499

XE Login