A best-selling lotion that's made from mushrooms is flying off the shelves every eight seconds worldwide.  

The Dr Andrew Weil for Origins Mega-Mushroom Relief and Resilience Soothing Treatment Lotion is designed to boost hydration levels, soothe the skin, visibly reduce redness and enhance a natural glow. 

According to Dr Weil, who teamed up with Origins to create the Mega-Mushroom range, fungi have been used to improve skin health in countries like Asia for many years.

'Research results demonstrate that a variety of these traditional mushrooms possess anti-bacterial, anti-viral and immune-enhancing properties,' Dr Weil told Glamour.

The lightweight treatment lotion is Origins' best-selling product and is priced at $56 from Mecca in Australia. 

Mushrooms are a key ingredient in the Dr Andrew Weil for Origins Mega-Mushroom Relief and Resilience Soothing Treatment Lotion - which is so popular it sells every eight seconds internationally

The product is designed to boost hydration levels, soothe the skin, visibly reduce redness and enhance a natural glow

'Studies on several unique mushroom species show promising anti-inflammatory effects, and the topical use of anti-inflammatory mushrooms may help protect skin against damage from environmental stressors,' he said.

In addition to the 'mega mushrooms', the product is enriched with other superfood ingredients, including REISHI HOUBA to reduce skin inflammation, fermented chaga as another anti-inflammatory, coprinus mushrooms and sea buckthorn to boost hydration by up to 83 per cent. 

Similarly to a toner, the lotion should be used in the second step of a skincare routine after a cleanser and before a moisturiser.  

'Research results demonstrate that a variety of these traditional mushrooms possess anti-bacterial, anti-viral and immune-enhancing properties,' Dr Weil told Glamour

The lightweight treatment lotion is Origins best-selling product and is priced at $56 from Mecca in Australia

The product is particularly popular in Asia because the reishi mushroom ingredient is traditionally known as the 'mushroom of immortality'.

And the coprinus mushroom, known as the 'Fairy Princess Mushroom' is praised for helping combat against stress lines. 

The lotion has received an average of 4.5 starts out of five on the Origins website, and the mega-mushroom range consists of 15 products with bundle packages available online. 

The lotion has received an average of 4.5 starts out of five on the Origins website, and the mega-mushroom range consists of 15 products with bundle packages available

'I've bought this lotion twice for myself and four more for everyone in my family.

There's no any problems [for] anyone and we all have sensitive skin types,' one customer wrote online.

'This is one of my favourite Origins product, I use it morning and night. It is great for my sensitive skin and works as described,' another said.

While majority of the online reviews seemed positive, a few rated the product one out of five stars and said it made their skin feel irritated.

List of Articles
번호 제목 글쓴이 날짜 조회 수sort

오늘 :
179 / 454
어제 :
329 / 797
전체 :
575,167 / 18,859,941

XE Login