A question was posed to Dr. Ian Mackay on twitter in a single day as to whether carrying a double layer of surgical masks would be `safer’ against MERS than simply an ordinary single layer. Ian expressed doubt that it might assist very much but said he didn’t know, then hand-handed it to me (authorized below Aussie guidelines) to see if I had any references on the subject. Well, references I’ve got. Definitive solutions, taobao cosplay - https://www.tangpal.com, on different hand, are in somewhat shorter provide

>The quick answer (if you may name it one), is: Maybe . The problem is that while surgical (or in some regions, cloth) masks are ubiquitous in healthcare settings, have a tendency to show up in public places throughout epidemic outbreaks, and have been recommended for wear in crowds in Saudi Arabia throughout the Hajj - they are primarily designed to stop the wearer from spreading germs. Not, as most people assume, to protect the wearer

>That's not to say there isn’t some protecting benefit to carrying surgical masks. There are two basic forms of masks available to the public; surgical or medical masks and N95 respirators. Given the higher costs, and their possible limited supply throughout a pandemic or epidemic, N95 masks are less prone to be utilized by most of the people. The easy surgical mask has the benefit of being low cost (a field of fifty is usually beneath $4), simple to don, and easier to breath through than the N95 respirator

>Its position has traditionally been to guard others from the coughs or sneezes of someone who could also be contaminated. Medical masks are usually not designed or certified to protect the wearer from exposure to airborne hazards. They could provide some limited, as yet largely undefined, safety as a barrier to splashes and large droplets. However, due to the unfastened-fitting design of medical masks and taobao english their lack of protecting engineering, medical masks aren't considered personal protecting tools

>There's, チャイナモール although the diploma of safety is topic to appreciable debate (see The great Mask Debate Revisited). For HCWs dealing with MERS, the CDC strongly recommends carrying a fit-tested N95 mask, eye protection, gown & gloves (see Survival Of The Fit-examined). And i heartily agree. But because the query posed dealt with surgical masks (double or single layer), we’ll restrict ourselves to the wearing of masks in a community settings or low resource medical setting

/>Since there is a great deal we do not but know about how the MERS virus is being transmitted (particularly now, 1688 cosplay with massive nosocomial outbreaks in Saudi Arabia & the UAE), we should look again to the SARS coronavirus outbreak of 2003 for steering.
List of Articles
번호 제목 글쓴이 날짜sort 조회 수

오늘 :
16 / 32
어제 :
294 / 862
전체 :
575,298 / 18,860,381

XE Login