id="article-body" class="row" section="article-body">

SUB_SERIAL_.jpg

The Guardians will be back, with director James Gunn. 

Marvel Studios

Guardians of the Galaxy director and writer James Gunn is back, and bit by bit, fans can expect to hear some actual news about the long-awaited third film. Here are two recent rumors:

Evil Gamora?

One juicy tidbit that fans are mulling over: What happens with Gamora? (Spoilers for Avengers: Endgame and Avengers: Infinity War ahead.) 

In Avengers: Infinity War, Gamora's adoptive father, Thanos, threw her off a cliff to create the sacrifice that wins him the soul gem. Her death is different, and more lasting, than those of the Guardians who are dissolved by Thamos' snap. They return in Avengers: Endgame, but Gamora's death seems more permanent. Except maybe to Star-Lord. At film's end, he's planning to search for the 2014 version of Gamora, who doesn't really know him. It's kinda confusing. 

Zoe Saldana, who plays Gamora, appeared at ACE Comic-Con in Seattle in late June, and said she'd be willing to go back, even if she has to play the evil version of the character.

"The technical answer is, it all depends on what Marvel and James Gunn desire to do with the Guardians and with Gamora's fate," Saldana said, according to Heroic Hollywood. "There's a part of me that wants her to go back, find her way back to the Guardians, but there's also a part of me that wants to explore a bad Gamora. I've never seen that and she's, you know, she's considered the most lethal assassin, the most lethal woman in the galaxy, so I would want to see what that wrath looks like also because it would just give me layers to sort of work on. But yeah, I want her to get back to the Guardians."

Go Gaga for this rumor

Oh, and here's one more hot rumor: Just try to keep a Poker Face when you hear this rumor. MovieWeb.com reports that singer Lady Gaga is being considered for the role of Rocket Raccoon's girlfriend, a sentient otter named Lady Lylla. Rocket is voiced by Bradley Cooper, who had great chemistry with Lady Gaga in the 2018 hit A Star is Born, so it'd be a romantic reunion of sorts. All we have to say is, this otter happen.

Background on Gunn's firing and rehiring

Acclaimed director and screenwriter Gunn is back on the film after being fired in 2018 after off-color tweets sparked online outrage.

"I am tremendously grateful to every person out there who has supported me over the past few months," Gunn tweeted on March 15. "I am always learning and will continue to work at being the best human being I can be." 

window.CnetFunctions.logWithLabel('%c One Trust ', "Service loaded: script_twitterwidget with class optanon-category-5");

Viewers weren't going to let Gunn go without a Guardians-quality battle. Fan petitions urged Disney to rehire him, and pastipoker the movies' stars signed an open letter urging the studio to reinstate Gunn.  

His rehiring came as a surprise to some. In August, Variety reported that due to the content of the tweets and Disney's family-friendly image, he was unlikely to be rehired, even though Gunn had already completed a script for the third film.

So what turned the tide? Deadline reports that Walt Disney Studios chairman Alan Horn was swayed by "Gunn's public apology and his handling of the situation."

Now playing:
Watch this:

Avengers: Endgame trailer takes you back to the start

2:26

Release date, production info

So what does this mean for the film's release date? It's as up in the air as Star-Lord's ship, the Milano (named for Alyssa!). Before Gunn's firing, many thought filming would begin in fall of 2019 for a 2020 theatrical release. But with the shakeup, and now his return, we're likely looking at a whole new timeline.

Filming locations, of course, aren't yet known, but the first film shot primarily in London, the second in Atlanta. Guardians Vol 2. reportedly used all 18 sound stages at Pinewood Studios Atlanta. The third film, whenever it's made, is expected to stick to Atlanta for space reasons.

"We shot the first Guardians in England, but because Pinewood Atlanta has so much soundstage space, we were able to have the entire production base on the lot," Gunn said in the production notes for Vol. 2. "Even though a lot of the film is CGI. I like to have as many practical sets as we can and make the environments as real as possible so it balances out the CGI elements."

Cast: Who's who?

Chris Pratt as Peter Quill/Star-Lord
Zoe Saldana as Gamora
Dave Bautista as Drax
Bradley Cooper as Rocket
Vin Diesel as Groot
Karen Gillan as Nebula
Pom Klementieff as Mantis
Elizabeth Debicki as Ayesha
Sean Gunn as Kraglin

Plot news, rumors and theories

More Thor? Dave Bautista, who plays Drax, would love to see Chris Hemsworth's Thor return to the Guardians. "I think Chris Hemsworth is a great guy; he's a fun-loving Aussie," Bautista told The Hollywood Reporter. "He is what you'd expect him to be. He's very funny, pleasant and upbeat. He's very social, so I think that would be a perfect fit to be honest with you."

Possible big spoilers: A Twitter user going by Roger Wardell delivered some accurate spoilers for Avengers: Endgame before that film came out. In May 2019, he offered some hints at what will happen in Guardians Vol. 3. No one knows if they're accurate, but it's a fun account to follow. If he's right, the new film will explain some things about Rocket and Drax's pasts, among other things.

Madam, I'm Adam: Superhero Adam Warlock was hinted at in one of the after-credits scenes shown at the end of Guardians Vol. 2. Ayesha faces a kind of cocoon containing a person, and announces, "I think I will call him ... Adam." Adam Warlock has been a Marvel character since 1967, and Gunn had mentioned wanting to include him in Vol. 3. 

List of Articles
번호 제목 글쓴이 날짜 조회 수

오늘 :
229 / 566
어제 :
299 / 1,116
전체 :
574,888 / 18,859,256

XE Login