When you're in high school, I was playing with a band called I'm Not Your Highness. I loved the idea that I could play on guitar in a band, but it felt really weird not because of who it was, but because it was a really low-scoring band. They had the rhythm and the way they played, and they were like, "Fuck no. I'm not going to play." And that was what they wanted! They didn't want to be just singing like I played. It was so simple and so fun.

Did you learn with any kind of solo music before joining the band?

No. I think that what I was most drawn to was the piano, and I was going to be playing instruments. No, I was going to be making music and all of those other things. We all just kinda grew together, even though it was an accident. That's how I got into violin music and some of the bands that I've worked with. I was just drawn to it. But that's kind of how I got into violin.

It's funny to say that you're "at this stage." How do the kids feel about that?

They're just excited to see that we play and not be upset because we don't like what we do

Who is your favorite musician, and why?

Oh man. I love the way they play. The one thing I really enjoyed playing when I first joined the band was the drummer, Tim Curry. We were just playing, and he did quite a great job with us. I had a lot of fun playing his stuff and seeing what he had to say about piano and how he can create something in so many different genres of music — there wasn't a single song I didn't love and that was great. Now in school, there's a lot more that happens, so it was really exciting to see Tim bring the piano over to our show and do it. I think that was great because he could be so much more.

It's weird how to learn piano by yourself, the full details, you became into the new band in that regard, isn't it?

Yeah.

When you were in high school and they had that idea, what did you do? What did you do that got you involved with their label?

Just started working with them, a little bit.

I don't know what that is? I didn't know what I was doing.

What about what did you do with
List of Articles
번호 제목 글쓴이 날짜 조회 수

오늘 :
217 / 963
어제 :
309 / 1,171
전체 :
565,760 / 18,827,166

XE Login