If you plan to party through the night, know that it closes early at midnight like a loser.
Richard Cummins/Lonely Planet Images

Places to eat
San Pedro Square Market: This indoor food market is similar to San Francisco's Ferry Building, but much smaller. It's still cool though, and it has lots of food vendors and bars to accommodate large groups.

So if you're one of the lucky ones to have to visit San Jose because your job depends on it, or you didn't realize that was where you were going before you applied for the ticket lottery, here's CNET's guide to WWDC 2019 as it rises again in downtown San Jose.

Courtesey of Victor Solanoy

Cinebar: What used to be a super divey, cash-only bar that served $7 LCs with a heavy pour (don't ask what's in it), Cinebar has since been remodeled with some skate theme. It may not have the same charm as it used to have, but at least it's cleaner and roomier now?

Go to Dac Phuc for the pho (note: It's closed on Mondays), Vung Tau for the downtown location and Com Ga Nam An for the Hainanese chicken. Not every place is spectacular, but even mediocre Viet food in SJ is better than anything you'll find elsewhere (including SF). Oh and yes, the service is aloof, but deal with it. Any Vietnamese restaurant, anywhere: Along with LA, SJ has the best Vietnamese food in California.

Steve Wozniak went here after getting kicked out of another university for hacking its computers. And I can personally attest that the school's outdoor benches are especially comfortable for napping between classes. In 1984, Steve Jobs unveiled the original Apple Macintosh at De Anza.
Lynn La/CNET

De Anza College: Yes, De Anza is technically in Cupertino, but it's still close enough for Apple fans to visit for its place in tech history.

This is a piece of tech history.

It's where I learned to play shuffleboard, and my friends and I have a tradition of eating post-Thanksgiving-Thanksgiving-dinner there to this day, so it holds a special place in my heart.
Places to drink
Old Wagon Saloon: OWS' saloon theme and beer pong tables (per request) attract a lot of bro-y clientele, but it can still be fun.

Something about it being boring or being populated with too many strip malls or having a hockey team that chokes. Also it's really expensive to live there despite its rising crime rate (who told you about that anyway? San Francisco natives in particular have a whole complex about hating it for some reason. Little do people know, however, that San Jose (aka my hometown) is the best city in the world*.

But you can miss out on it if you want, xe hơi vũng tàu I'm not your boss.) In addition to exhibitions about tech and robots, there's an earthquake simulator that is so scary it can make a young child (not me) burst into tears (again, not me) during her elementary school trip (definitely not me).
Places to geek out
The Tech Interactive (formerly the Tech Museum): Bright orange with a purple dome up top, you can't miss the museum. (Visually you can't miss it.
List of Articles
번호 제목 글쓴이 날짜 조회 수

오늘 :
117 / 352
어제 :
236 / 814
전체 :
571,950 / 18,849,408

XE Login